Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Open My Understanding Of the Scriptures

Luke 24:45Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
46And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: 47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. 48 And ye are witnesses of these things. 49 And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.
In this chapter the disciples are beholding the risen Christ! What a joy to us! For the disciples it was different!  They were terrified and thoughts were rising in their hearts.  He had told them that all things that were written about Him would be fulfilled! He'd said that He would raise from the dead after three days, and it was so!
Beloved, Christ suffered, died was buried and rose from the dead on the third day; that you and I would have the forgiveness of our sins. Luke uses the word remission which means the cancellation of a debt, charge, or penalty.  Jesus took our debt of sin, we were charged to die - Romans 3:23;6:23.  We were destined for the penalty of death - eternally separated from God in a place called hell.  John 3:16 calls it perishing.  That can change for you!

Without trusting in Jesus Christ my friend you are doomed!  However I have some good news for you! We are witnesses that Salvation is possible through Jesus Christ! God forgave me my sins when I was wandering in sin - Romans 3:10 and rescued me from death - Romans 10:9,10.  He sent the Holy Spirit - the promise of the Father to be upon me and in every believer who has trusted in God's gift to the world - Romans 8:16. 

Will you believe in him today? Romans 10:13;17

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers