Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Boosting Your Confidence

Philippians 2:5
Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:[King James Version]

Ralph Waldo Emerson said, "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us"

Each time I am given a chance to speak with a group, I wonder what passage, verse or message to share. I fumble to look for illustrations. Many at times leaving me with the question, "Have I been able to communicate effectively?"

This afternoon I was impressed by one of our ladies. Previously a very timid and shy person. She told me to give her a chance to share the Wordless book to a group of young people at our Fun day! She came joyfully after the session and shared. Her experience was of boys and girls who were thirsty for the Gospel. They had questions and time was not enough to satisfy their quest for answers. Eight young people came Christ!

Dr Molapo says that, "None of us is born confident. A healthy self-esteem is crucial to boost your confidence. Although you cannot change your past, the right decisions and actions you take today will shape your future. We therefore need to work at developing a healthy self-image. I must emphasize that a self-image does not imply pride or arrogance."

I can do all things through Christ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers