Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Expectations & Deferred hopes

Proverbs 13:12 Hope deferred makes the heart sick, But when the desire comes, it is a tree of life.

I had an assignment from a friend of mine.  When I got the assignment it was to take a some weeks. It was more time and work - took several months.  On the onset of the discussion my friend told me he would compensate me with some cash for the job.

When the job got done! I was all very glad that at last my lean purse would get some reprieve.  My friend registered appreciation and presented their compensation to me.  I laugh at my self now that the work done seemed more that the amount of compensation - on the other hand it is a heart issue!

King Solomon said so himself in this quoted Proverb. Desires when met have a wonderful feeling - a tree of life! Expectations when deferred deal with the heart - a heart that is dissatisfied can even result to sickness.   I would have done the assignment gladly for no pay or compensation - I do that all the time! It is grace!  Will I allow a fiscal settlement, offered by my friend to spoil all the good in the assignment?  That I have answered in my heart. Will you? Deal with it and move on!! 

Another proverb says that, Wisdom is a tree of life to those who take hold of her.

Psalms 71:5 For You are my hope, O Lord GOD; You are my trust from my youth.

1 comment:

Followers