Thursday, October 22, 2009

Looking Out For Number One

Lareau Lindquist in his book Too Soon To Quit says that Christians should examine their lives to see..."who is on the throne?" There is a continual daily struggle over this issue. Am I trying to be in control? Or, am I consciously submitting to His leadership?

None of us easily or readily submits to the Lordship of Christ. Nor do we usually settle this matter once and for all. It is a daily matter - often a many times daily matter - of deliberately inviting Christ to Control us. No just in the big issues, but in all issues: how to use our time...how we spend our finances... friendships... relationships... priorities... pleasures... everything.

Paul brings us to the heart of Lordship in Colossians 1:18
And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

J. Stewart Holden once wrote:
"Christ does not want a place in your life.
He does not even want prominence in your life.
He demands pre-eminence."

Lareau further says, As Christ's servants, let's not fool ourselves about Lordship. Just because we are involved in ministry does not necessarily mean that we have recognized His Lordship in all of life. And Lordship in some areas does not automatically indicate Lordship in all areas.

So Lord I pray....
"Lord cause me to give you my heart, to give you my soul, to live for you alone for every breathe that I take and every moment that I am awake - LORD have your way with me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers