Monday, July 28, 2014

Integrity Check For Pastors

Recently I received hearty counsel from Bishop Tuimising - a man of God from the Rift Valley.  Having served for over 52 years is no simple lifetime task!

1 Samuel 12:1-5
Now Samuel said to all Israel: “Indeed I have heeded your voice in all that you said to me, and have made a king over you. And now here is the king, walking before you; and I am old and grayheaded, and look, my sons are with you. I have walked before you from my childhood to this day. Here I am. Witness against me before the Lord and before His anointed: Whose ox have I taken, or whose donkey have I taken, or whom have I cheated? Whom have I oppressed, or from whose hand have I received any bribe with which to blind my eyes? I will restore it to you.”
And they said, “You have not cheated us or oppressed us, nor have you taken anything from any man’s hand.”
Then he said to them, “The Lord is witness against you, and His anointed is witness this day, that you have not found anything in my hand.”
And they answered, “He is witness.”

In his counsel were five nuggets of wisdom that would guide each Pastor, Christian leader, professional, name it to live a life of integrity.

1. Balance your faith. 
Make sure that what motivates you in your walk of faith is the love you have for God!
Deuteronomy 6:5 
You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.
2. Take care of your family.
Your spouse is more important than the church, your leadership, your profession, your business.  The "Church is the bride of Christ, not you Pastor!" Do not neglect your spouse because you are forever in Church and ministry or in your profession!
3. Friends.
Show me your friends and I will show you who you are! Walk with the wise!
Proverbs 13:20 "He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed"

4. Finances
Be a good steward of resources that God places in your life. Make sure your money is your servant not you serving it.
5. Fitness
Do not be older than your age, watch what you eat.  Exercise.  Paul says that physical exercise profits little however that little is needful and necessary!
Five for now! I am sure there much many more areas that can make us faithful stewards of the mysteries of God.  Paul tells us that faithfulness is required of a steward.
1 Corinthians 4:2  Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers