Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Inner Peace

One of the tweets I recently read from Tenzin Palmo says this, "The answer lies within ourselves.  If we can't find peace and happiness there, it's not going to come from the outside"

The doors that influence our actions and behavior are through what we see, hear, understand and know.  The best measure of what we hear in this statement must therefore be measured by the infallible standard - The Bible!

Even better then the answer lies within:
1) The Word of God - John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you:not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. 

2) My Faith Factor - I know whom I have believed - 2 Timothy 1: 12 ".... for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day" Paul says that he is persuaded that Jesus is able to keep his promise! Faith keeps our hope alive! Without faith we cannot please God - Hebrews 11:6

3) Words - show if you have inner peace - 2 Timothy 1:13 Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.  When hope seems to be gone hold on to wholesome words.  If you see success that is what you will get.  If you see a stumbling blocks you will see difficulties.  What you see is what you get.  Holding fast sound words means you are keeping your heart diligently focused on the object of your joy and happiness.

True joy does not depend on happenings but is a state of mind, tampered by God's Word - our standard, my faith factor - what I believe and words - which show what is deep in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers