Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Silver & Gold Belongs To God


1. MONEY BELONGS TO GOD

It doesn’t matter who is handling the money. If in the hands of a sinner or in the hands of a righteous person; but the truth is that money belongs to God!

Haggai 2:8 “The silver is Mine, and the gold is Mine,’ says the LORD of hosts”.

Money in times past was made from gold and silver! Silver belongs to God, Gold belongs to God.

Deuteronomy 8:18 “And you shall remember the LORD your God, for it is He who gives you power to get wealth, that He may establish His covenant which He swore to your fathers, as it is this day.”

Remember this Power to Make Wealth comes from the Lord!

Ps 50:9-12
9 I will not take a bull from your house, Nor goats out of your folds.
10* For every beast of the forest is Mine, And the cattle on a thousand hills.
11 I know all the birds of the mountains, And the wild beasts of the field are Mine.
12 “If I were hungry, I would not tell you; For the world is Mine, and all its fullness.

Everything in this world is the LORD’s and all its fullness! Whatever we possess that can be converted to money belong to God! Money is the store of value.

1Chronicles 29:12
12 Both riches and honor come from You, And You reign over all. In Your hand is power and might; In Your hand it is to make great And to give strength to all.
13 “Now therefore, our God, We thank You And praise Your glorious name.
14* But who am I, and who are my people, That we should be able to offer so willingly as this? For all things come from You, And of Your own we have given You.

This was the time when King David was collecting from the Israelites gifts for the building of the temple.  So let us know that both riches and honor come from God. Even when I am giving God, I am not doing God a favor! Everything we have is His by right of creation.

David understood one thing that the money am handling belongs to God.  Whatever I am handling in my hands belongs to God! Even when I am giving generously I am not doing God a favor! I am actually returning to God what he has given me.
Proverbs 3:13-16
13 Happy is the man who finds wisdom, And the man who gains understanding;
14 For her proceeds are better than the profits of silver, And her gain than fine gold.
15 She is more precious than rubies, And all the things you may desire cannot compare with her.
16* Length of days is in her right hand, In her left hand riches and honor.

Solomon was talking about wisdom. When you read the Bible keenly you will find that, Christ is the wisdom of God! In this wisdom long life is in His right hand, in His left hand is riches and honor!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers