Tuesday, July 5, 2011

What Will Get Your Attention?

Numbers 22:28-30
28And the LORD opened the mouth of the ass, and she said unto Balaam, What have I done unto thee, that thou hast smitten me these three times?
 29And Balaam said unto the ass, Because thou hast mocked me: I would there were a sword in mine hand, for now would I kill thee.
 30And the ass said unto Balaam, Am not I thine ass, upon which thou hast ridden ever since I was thine unto this day? was I ever wont to do so unto thee? and he said, Nay. 

 For Balaam, even a speaking Donkey did not get his attention.  He was bent on proceeding with his plan.

Paul in his counsel tells us in 1Co 15:33 Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners. For some motivation that was contrary to God's will Balaam proceeds to do as he pleased! God leaves him to do so HOWEVER - Balaam does not succeed in doing as instructed by God's enemy Balak! God triumphs for His people!

Are you bent on doing your own will? What will get you attention to listen and obey God's call! Behold to obey is better than sacrifice!

The words of this favorite hymn says this way:

When we walk with the Lord
In the light of His Word
What a glory He sheds on our path
Let us do His good will
He abides with us still
And with all who will trust and obey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers