Monday, September 27, 2010

A Secondary School In Milimani

This morning I went through memory lane! I remembered those days as a preacher-boy riding the small blue phoenix bicycle to Milimani an hour away from Mt. Kenya Baptist Church.  I went to lead in a prayer meeting cum bible study.
One thing was for sure I did not know what the future had for me HOWEVER I knew that God had a plan for me for good and not evil, to have a hope and a future - Jeremiah 29:11.  One of the favorite songs that came to my mind as I shared with Moses our youth director was "Go Out With Joy" by Maranatha Singers. "For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands." Isaiah 55:12

The Lord has been faithful these many years! Not that I am am so old, I am still young and need more of God more than when I was just a young preacher-boy!

It was a joy to serve and share the Gospel this morning with the about 300 teenagers in Kalalu secondary school in the Millimani area.  The theme was on the Distinction Between Being Interested and being Committed!  In Luke 9:62, our Lord gives us the example of one who has put their hand to the plow.  Our Lord instructs us to be committed to our work as His disciples - IT WILL COST YOU! We are not just to be interested about being disciples of Christ but committed not looking back but keeping the focus of the upward call! Paul said, pressing toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God.  It calls for a commitment not just an interest!

Ken Blanchard says in his small book "The heart of a leader" that trying is just a noisy way of not doing something.  He further says that, "When you are "interested" in doing something, you only do it when it's convenient, but when you are "committed", you follow through not matter what - no excuses!

Are you trying to be a disciple or are you committed to be a disciple of our Lord Jesus Christ!
The Heart of a Leader: Insights on the Art of Influence

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers